IFT and EFFoST have appointed ProdAl and Unisa as organizers of the 2018 edition of the International Nonthermal Processing Workshop and Short course.
We have planned an event that will lead you through a journey that alternates scientific moments with recreational-cultural experiences.
We will start with a welcome cocktail on a terrace that will let you enter one of the most beautiful postcards of the Sorrento Peninsula: the Gulf of Naples and Mount Vesuvius.
The Workshop, which however features several keynote lectures, was mainly intended to give room to short presentations, poster sessions and moments of plenary discussion, to stimulate exchanges of ideas and debates on the various topics covered, namely:
- Nonthermal processes for better foods
- Effect of nonthermal treatment on food structure and function
- Use of nonthermal technologies for a more sustainable food industry.
This orientation is further strengthened in the last session, dedicated to the industrial implementation of nonthermal technologies, when all the actors of the supply chain (vendor and user companies, researchers, consumer associations, GDO buyers and regulatory bodies) after telling their experiences in transformative terms, will be involved in a debate aimed at highlighting the complexity and opportunities to be explored.
The scientific program continues with the Short course, in ProdAl/Unisa laboratories. During this phase, different nonthermal technologies will be presented and discussed with the help of worldwide leaders of the field and will be enriched by the practical experience of the use of some of the units available in our laboratories.
The scientific path is completed by “living” intensely Italian places and traditions:
- The lunches, organized in the suggestive locations available at the Hilton Sorrento Palace (the Agrumeto and the Sala Ginestre), as well as in Fisciano, will not fail to emphasize the great Italian culinary tradition!
- The Africana Famous Club, one of the most iconic places of the Amalfi Coast, where we have planned the social dinner: it will be reached by sea to give the opportunity to admire the coast from Sorrento to Praiano, and in particular Positano one of the most beautiful destinations of the Amalfi Coast.
L’Università della Pizza da Gigino Pizza a Metro, the only place in the world where you can taste the pizza “by the meter” and where we have organized the amazing dinner!
- Amalfi. At the end of the Short course, you will return to Sorrento through the coastal road to admire one of the most picturesque and famous coastlines in the world, the Amalfi Coast, and we will make a short stop in Amalfi, where we await a visit to the Duomo.
- Mount Vesuvius! Finally, we decided to propose you an extension of your stay with “the third time”, by organizing a suggestive excursion to the crater of one of the most famous volcanoes in the world.
We tried our best to make the event captivating from every point of view!
Now it’s up to you! …
See you in Sorrento?
Chair of the Organizing Committee